Weikun Li, Ph.D.
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Ph.D., 2013, Polymer Chemistry and Physics
- M.Sc., 2008, Organic Chemistry
- B.S., 2006, Chemical Engineering
- To advance the assembly and characterization of novel platforms, particularly using nanotechnology
- W. Li , M. Yalcin, Q. Lin , M. M. Ardawi, S. A. Mousa, Self-assembly of green tea catechin derivatives in nanoparticles for oral lycopene delivery, Journal of Controlled Release 2017, 248, 117-124.
- W. Li, K. Wang, P. Zhang, J. He, S. Xu, Y. Liao, J. Zhu, X. Xie, Z. Nie, Self-assembly of shaped nanoparticles into free-standing 2D and 3D superlattices, Small, 2016, 12:499-505.
- Weikun Li, Srinivas Thanneeru, Istvan Kanyo, Ben Liu, Jie He, Amphiphilic hybrid nano building blocks with surfactant-mimicking structures, ACS Macro Letters, 2015, 4:736-740.
- W. Li, I. Kanyo, C. H. Kuo, S. Thanneeru, J. He, pH-programmable self-assembly of plasmonic nanoparticles: Hydrophobic interaction versus electrostatic repulsion, Nanoscale, 2015, 7:956-964.
- C. H. Kuo, W. Li, L. Pahalagedara, A. M. El-Sawy, D. Kriz, N. Genz, C. Guild, T. Ressler, S. L. Suib, J. He, Understanding the role of gold nanoparticles in enhancing the catalytic activity of manganese oxides in water oxidation reactions, Angewandte Chemie (Int. ed. in English), 2015, 54:2345-2350.
- Jianying *Wang, Weikun *Li, Jintao Zhu, Encapsulation of inorganic nanoparticles into block copolymer micellar aggregates: Strategies and precise localization of nanoparticles, Polymer, 2014, 55:1079-1096, *equal contribution.
- Weikun Li, Xiaoguang Zhu, Jianying Wang, Ruijing Liang, Jingyi Li, Shanqin Liu, Guoli Tu, Jintao Zhu, Encapsulation of pristine fullerene c60 within block copolymer micelles through interfacial instabilities of emulsion droplets, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2014, 418:81-86.
- Weikun Li, Chung-Hao Kuo, Istvan Kanyo, Srinivas Thanneeru, Jie He, Synthesis and self-assembly of amphiphilic hybrid nano building blocks via self-collapse of polymer single chains, Macromolecules, 2014, 47:5932-5941.
- Weikun Li, Chunhui Bao, Roger A. E. Wright, Bin Zhao, Synthesis of mixed poly(ε-caprolactone)/polystyrene brushes from y-initiator-functionalized silica particles by surface-initiated ring-opening polymerization and nitroxide-mediated radical polymerization, RSC Advances, 2014, 4:18772-18781.
- Jianying Wang, Yuandu Hu, Renhua Deng, Ruijing Liang, Weikun Li, Shanqin Liu, Jintao Zhu, Multiresponsive hydrogel photonic crystal microparticles with inverse-opal structure, Langmuir, 2013, 29:8825-8834.
- Weikun Li, Peng Zhang, Ming Dai, Jie He, Taarika Babu, Ye-Long Xu, Renhua Deng, Ruijing Liang, Ming-Hui Lu, Zhihong Nie, Jintao Zhu, Ordering of gold nanorods in confined spaces by directed assembly, Macromolecules, 2013, 46:2241-2248.
- Renhua Deng, Fuxin Liang, Weikun Li, Zhenzhong Yang, Jintao Zhu, Reversible transformation of nanostructured polymer particles, Macromolecules, 2013, 46:7012-7017.
- Weikun Li, Shanqin Liu, Renhua Deng, Jianying Wang, Zhihong Nie, Jintao Zhu, A simple route to improve inorganic nanoparticles loading efficiency in block copolymer micelles, Macromolecules, 2013, 46:2282-2291.
- J. Bae, J. Lawrence, C. Miesch, A. Ribbe, W. Li, T. Emrick, J. Zhu, R. C. Hayward, Multifunctional nanoparticle-loaded spherical and wormlike micelles formed by interfacial instabilities, Advanced Materials, 2012, 24:2735-2741.
- W. Li, S. Liu, R. Deng, J. Zhu, Encapsulation of nanoparticles in block copolymer micellar aggregates by directed supramolecular assembly, Angewandte Chemie (Int. ed. in English), 2011, 50:5865-5868.
- Weikun Li, Yalcin M, Lin Q, Ardawi M, Mousa SA. Self-assembly of Green Tea Catechin Derivatives in Nanoparticles for Oral Lycopene Delivery. Capital Region Cancer Research 2016, Albany, NY
- 2016 Outstanding Post-doc Abstract Selected for Oral Presentation, Capital Region Cancer Research
- 2013-2014 Hubei Province Outstanding PhD Dissertation
- 2011-2012 Co-Cultivation Program for Postgraduates Going Abroad of Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- 2010-2011 Distinguished Dissertation Award in Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- 2010-2011 Selected to be in “Innovation Fund of PhD thesis in Huazhong University of Science and Technology”
- 2006-2007 Good Graduate Student of Department of Chemistry (Top 20%)
- 2003-2004 Good Student of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Top 5%)
- 2002-2003 Good Student of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Top 5%)
12/2013-06/2015: Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Chemistry, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
05/2013-11/2013: Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Chemistry, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Back to staff