Noureldien Darwish, Ph.D.
Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt MB.B.CH 05/2006 Medicine & Surgery
Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt M.S 05/2011 Clinical Pathology
Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt Ph.D 08/2017 Clinical Pathology/Hematology
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, USA Postdoctoral 09/2016 Clinical(MD) Fellow Present
Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt Instructor Present Clinical Pathology/Hematology
- 2008-2011 Resident Physician of Clinical Pathology, Mansoura University Hospitals, Egypt.
- 2011- 2017 Assistant lecturer of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University
- 2014-2016 Researcher, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, USA.
- 2017- Present lecturer of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University
- Hematological disorder, leukemia, lymphoma, and targeted therapy.
- Establishing animal models for leukemia, and sickle cell anemia to establish new targeting strategies.
- Cancer cell culture, human embryonic stem cell research, nano-medicine (in vivo and in vitro analysis), angiogenesis, development of animal models for cancer, detection by in vivo imaging in live mice, IVIS and confocal microscopy, molecular studies and flow cytometry
- Genomic instability of cancer and cell cycle – temperature sensitive suspension cancer cell culture, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy and FISH analysis
- Cytogenetic studies of genetic disorders and genetic counseling – white blood cell culture and microscopy
SELECTED PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
1-El-Far, A. H., Darwish, N. H., & Mousa, S. A. (2020). Senescent Colon and Breast Cancer Cells Induced by Doxorubicin Exhibit Enhanced Sensitivity to Curcumin, Caffeine, and Thymoquinone. Integrative Cancer Therapies, 19, 1534735419901160.
2- Gamal Shiha, Reham Soliman, Mohamed Elbasiony, Noureldien H. E. Darwish, Shaker A. Mousa. Addition of Epigallocatechin Gallate 400 mg to Sofosbuvir 400 mg + Daclatisvir 60 mg With or Without Ribavirin in Treatment of Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C Improves the Safety Profile: A Pilot Study. Scientific Reports, 2019. 9(1) p. 13593.
3- Darwish, N.H.E.; Sudha, T.; Godugu, K.; Bharali, D.J.; Elbaz, O.; El-ghaffar, H.A.A.; Azmy, E.; Anber, N.; Mousa, S.A. Novel Targeted Nano-Parthenolide Molecule against NF-kB in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Molecules 2019, 24, 2103.
4- Anber, N. H., EL-Sebaie, A. H., Darwish, N. H., Mousa, S. A., & Shamaa, S. S. (2019). Prognostic value of some inflammatory markers in patients with lymphoma. Bioscience reports, 39(3), BSR20182174.
5- Thangirala Sudha, Dhruba J. Bharali, Stewart Sell, Noureldien H. E. Darwish, Paul J. Davis, Shaker A. Mousa (2017). Nanoparticulate tetrac (nanotetrac and nano-diamino-tetrac) inhibits growth and vascularity of glioma xenografts, Horm Cancer. 2017 Jun;8(3):157-165. doi: 10.1007/s12672-017-0293-6.
6- Sudha T, Bharali DJ, Yalcin M, Darwish NH, Coskun MD, Keating KA, Lin HY, Davis PJ, Mousa SA. (2017). Targeted Delivery of Paclitaxel and Doxorubicin to Cancer Xenografts via the Nanoparticle of Nano-diamino-tetrac International Journal of Nanomedicine 15;12:1305-1315. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S123742.
7- Sudha T, Bharali DJ, Yalcin M, Darwish NH, Coskun MD, Keating KA, Lin HY, Davis PJ, Mousa SA. (2017). “Targeted delivery of cisplatin to tumor xenografts via the nanoparticle component of nano-diamino-tetrac.” Nanomedicine (Lond) 12(3): 195-205.
8- Darwish NH, Sudha T, Godugu Y, Elbaz O, Abdelghaffar HA, Hassan EA, and Mousa SA. (2016). Acute myeloid leukemia stem cell markers in prognosis and targeted therapy: Potential impact of BMI-1, TIM-3 and CLL-1, Oncotarget, 2016. DOI: 10.18632/oncotarget.11063.
9- Rajabi M, Sudha T, Darwish NH, Davis PJ, Mousa SA. (2016). Synthesis of MR-49, a deiodinated analog of tetraiodothyroaceticacid(tetrac), as a novel pro-angiogenesis modulator. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2016.00198.
Mousa SA, Darwish NH, Davis PJ. (2016). Integrin Antagonists and Angiogenesis, Anti-Angiogenesis Strategies in Cancer Therapeutics, pp.99-123 DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-802576-5.00007-3
- ACPHS Proposal “Potential impact of nano-targeting against acute myeloid leukemia stem cells” When Everyone Survives Foundation (WES), USA
- Two years support as Postdoctoral Fellow on research grant for Research training at Pharmaceutical Research Institute, USA, Albany, NY, USA
- Member of Egyptian society of hematology 2011- present
- Member of American society of hematology 2015 – present
- Member of European association of hematology 2015 – present
- Reviewer of various peer-reviewed journals:
▪ Journal of Leukemia,
▪ Journal of Carcinogenesis & Mutagenesis,
▪ Journal of Haematology& Thromboembolic Diseases,
▪ Anatomy & Physiology: Current Research,
▪ Journal of Clinical Case Reports,
▪ Health Systems and Policy Research.
▪ Archives of Medicine – English Journal
▪ Mental Health in Family Medicine