Kazutoshi Fujioka, Ph.D.
- PhD, Agricultural and Environmental Chemistry, University of California, Davis
- MS, Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh
- BS, Industrial Chemistry, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Bioanalytical Chemistry and Pharmacokinetics of Nanomedicine
- Environmental Toxicology and Metabolism of Xenobiotics
- Pharmacology of Phytochemicals
- JT Mario, K Fujioka, Y Ikenaka, SMM Nakayama, H Mizukawa, Y Aoyama, M Ishizuka, K Taira, Relationship between urinary n-desmethyl-acetamiprid and typical symptoms including neurological findings: A prevalence case-control study, Plos One, 2015, 10:e0142172.
- K Taira, K Fujioka, Y Aoyama, Qualitative profiling and quantification of neonicotinoid metabolites in human urine by liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry, Plos One, 2013, 8:e80332.
- SK Ryu, TJ King, K Fujioka, J Pattison, FJ Pashkow, S Tsimikas, Effect of an oral astaxanthin prodrug (CDX-085) on lipoprotein levels and progression of atherosclerosis in LDLR(-/-) and ApoE(-/-) mice, Atherosclerosis, 2012, 222:99-105.
- SK Khan, T Malinski, RP Mason, R Kubant, RF Jacob, K Fujioka, SJ Denstaedt, TJ King, HL Jackson, AD Hieber, SF Lockwood, TH Goodin, FJ Pashkow, PF Bodary, Novel astaxanthin prodrug (CDX-085) attenuates thrombosis in a mouse model, Thrombosis Research, 2010, 126:299-305.
- SC Vose, K Fujioka, AG Gulevich, AY Lin, NT Holland, JE Casida, Cellular function of neuropathy target esterase in lysophosphatidylcholine action, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2008, 232:376-383.
- DK Nomura, K Fujioka, RS Issa, AM Ward, BF Cravatt, JE Casida, Dual roles of brain serine hydrolase KIAA1363 in ether lipid metabolism and organophosphate detoxification, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2008, 228:42-48.
- DK Nomura, JL Blankman, GM Simon, K Fujioka, RS Issa, AM Ward, BF Cravatt, JE Casida, Activation of the endocannabinoid system by organophosphorus nerve agents, Nature Chemical Biology, 2008, 4:373-378.
- M Ishizuka, K Fujioka, T Shibamoto, Analysis of acrylamide in a complex matrix of polyacrylamide solutions treated by heat and ultraviolet light, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2008, 56:6093-6096.
- K Fujioka, T Shibamoto, Chlorogenic acid and caffeine contents in various commercial brewed coffees, Food Chemistry, 2008, 106:217-221.
- JE Casida, DK Nomura, SC Vose, K Fujioka, Organophosphate-sensitive lipases modulate brain lysophospholipids, ether lipids and endocannabinoids, Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2008, 175:355-364.
- K Fujioka, JE Casida, Glutathione S-transferase conjugation of organophosphorus pesticides yields S-phospho-, S-aryl-, and S-alkylglutathione derivatives, Chemical Research in Toxicology, 2007, 20:1211-1217.
- K Sadakane, T Ichinose, H Takano, M Abe, N Sera, R Yanagisawa, H Ochi, K Fujioka, KG Lee, T Shibamoto, Murine strain differences in 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine formation in hepatic DNA induced by oxidized lard and dietary oils, Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2006, 44:1372-1376.
- K Fujioka, T Shibamoto, Determination of toxic carbonyl compounds in cigarette smoke, Environmental Toxicology, 2006, 21:47-54.
- K Fujioka, T Shibamoto, Quantitation of volatiles and nonvolatile acids in an extract from coffee beverages: Correlation with antioxidant activity, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2006, 54:6054-6058.
- AH El-Ghorab, K Fujioka, T Shibamoto, Determination of acrylamide formed in asparagine/d-glucose maillard model systems by using gas chromatography with headspace solid-phase microextraction, Journal of AOAC International, 2006, 89:149-153.
- K Fujioka, T Shibamoto, Improved malonaldehyde assay using headspace solid-phase microextraction and its application to the measurement of the antioxidant activity of phytochemicals, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2005, 53:4708-4713.
- T Ichinose, S Nobuyuki, H Takano, M Abe, K Sadakane, R Yanagisawa, H Ochi, K Fujioka, KG Lee, T Shibamoto, Liver carcinogenesis and formation of 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine in C3H/HeN mice by oxidized dietary oils containing carcinogenic dicarbonyl compounds, Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2004, 42:1795-1803.
- K Fujioka, T Shibamoto, Formation of genotoxic dicarbonyl compounds in dietary oils upon oxidation, Lipids, 2004, 39:481.
- K Saigo, T Shiwaku, K Hayashi, K Fujioka, M Sukegawa, Y Chen, N Yonezawa, M Hasegawa, T Hashimoto, Optically active polyamides consisting of anti head-to-head coumarin dimer and α,ι-alkanediamine. Odd-even discrimination in chiral recognition ability depending on the number of the diamine component and correlation between the ability and crystallizability, Macromolecules, 1990, 23:2830-2836.
- K Saigo, Y Chen, K Fujioka, N Yonezawa, M Hasegawa, Odd-even effect in the optical resolution by optically active polyamides having (-)-anti head-to-head coumarin dimer component, Chemistry Letters, 1988, 17:647-650.
- Sadakane K, Ichinose T, Fujioka K, Shibamoto T. (2008) Liver carcinogenesis and 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosin formation by oxidized lard and dietary oils. In: Functional Food and Health. Shibamoto T, Kanazawa K, Shahidi F, Ho C-T, eds. (ACS Symposium Series), Chapter 30, pp 362–368.
Selected Research and Conference Presentations
- Fujioka K., Bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of an astaxanthin amino acid diester, CDX-085. 2012 ISNFF Conference, December 4, 2012, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
- Fujioka K., Health Effects of Pesticides. WCC Chemistry Forum, April 15, 2010, Windward Community College, Kane’ohe, Hawaii
- Fujioka K., Quistad G., Casida J., P450-mediated metabolism of tribufos defoliant and EPTC herbicide: Identification of glutathione conjugates by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. The 232nd ACS National Meeting, September 10, 2006, San Francisco, CA
- Sadakane K,, Ichinose T,, Fujioka K,, Shibamoto T,, oxidized lard and dietary oils induce liver carcinogenesis and formation of 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine. The 232nd ACS National Meeting, September 12, 2006, San Francisco, CA.
- Fujioka K., Shibamoto T., Development of malonaldehyde assay using HS-SPME and its application for antioxidants. The 229th ACS National Meeting, Mar. 16, 2005, San Diego, CA
- Fujioka K., Shibamoto T., Formation and inhibition of reactive carbonyl compounds in dietary oils upon oxidation. The 228th ACS National Meeting, Aug. 25, 2004, Philadelphia, PA
Selected Abstracts/Poster Presentations
- Fujioka K, Mehdi M, Godugu K, Sudha T, Mousa SA. Development of Bioanalytical Method for Pharmacokinetics and Biodistribution of Novel Targeted Anticancer Drugs. Annual Research Forum Jan. 28, 2017, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, NY
- Middleton N, Fujioka K. Oxidative and thermal stability of astaxanthin: Effect of antioxidants. The 2016 Biomedical Symposium, Apr 22, 2016, Honolulu, HI
- Fukuoka H, Aramata M, Fujioka K, Ueno S, Fukuda T. Silicon oxide containing active silicon and its evaluation US Patent 6,685,906
- Aramata M, Fujioka K, Yuyama M. Process for preparing organohalosilanes US Patent 6,339,167
- Fujioka K, Kondou T. Primer composition US Patent 5,985,371
- Kondou T, Yoshida T, Fujioka K. Heat-curable silicone elastomer compositions US Patent 5,527,837
- Sakamoto T, Arai M, Fujioka K. Curable organopolysiloxane compositions US Patent 5,391,588
- Inoue Y, Arai M, Fujioka K, Kimura T. Organopolysiloxanes having silethylene linkages and a curable composition comprising the same US Patent 5,357,023
- Fujioka K, Satou T, Arai M. Room temperature curable organopolysiloxane compositions US Patent 5,300,611
- Fujioka K, Sakamoto T, Arai M. Process for the manufacturing of acrylic organopolysiloxanes US Patent 5,292,849
- Arai M, Fujioka K, Tateyama Y. Process of producing room temperature curable organopolysiloxane composition US Patent 5,266,631
- Arai M, Fujioka K, Moriyama Y, Kawaguchi A Hasuike H, Takahashi K. Room temperature curable organopolysiloxane composition having mildewproofing property US Patent 5,264,484
- The Donald G. Crosby Fellowship in Agricultural and Environmental Chemistry, 2004-2005
- The Ecotoxicology Lead Campus Program (ELCP) Fellowship, 2004-2005
- The 2004-2005 Cognis Corporation Scholarship Award, AOCS, Aug. 11, 2004
- The Jastro-Shields Graduate Research Scholarship Award, 2003-2005
- American Chemical Society
- The Japanese Society of Clinical Ecology
- The Japanese Society of Public Health
Previous Positions or Appointments
- Senior Scientist, Analytical Chemistry, Cardax Inc., Honolulu, HI, 2007-2016
- Visiting Scholar, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan, 2012-2016
- Principal Investigator, Student Research Experience – INBRE III, Windward Community College, Kaneohe, HI, 2015-2016
- Research Supervisor, Student Research Experience – INBRE III, Windward Community College, Kaneohe, HI, 2010-2014
- Postdoctoral Scholar, University of California, Berkeley, 2006-2007
- Postdoctoral Scholar, University of California, Davis, 2005-2006
- Chemical Researcher, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., An-naka, Gunma, Japan, 1985-2001
Back to staff